Last week, Lisa Nunn and David Richardson of the FMDC Ltd stone team visited the University of Greenwich and presented “Urban Landscaping with stone” to the Landscape Architecture students, who showed almost as much passion for stone as our geologists by the end of the presentation!
We covered the following:
– Introduction to natural stone types and popular stones used in landscaping.
– An overview of the selection process.
– Considerations when designing with stone.
– The importance and understanding of test data
– Stone and sustainability.
And the key takeaway – “There is no such thing as a bad stone, only a stone used badly”.